This program requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (SP2) and Visual C++ 2008 runtime to run. If you are running Windows Vista or 7, and using Windows Update, these prerequisites are probably already installed. For Windows 8, 8.1 and 10, if the .NET 2.0 requirement is not automatically detected (or already enabled), you may need to enable Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (which includes 2.0) using the Windows Control Panel (instructions).
Downloads for XP or Vista:
Version 2.1.7 Prerequisites
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 - preinstalled with OS if you are running Windows 10 or Windows 8
- Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 - needed for some plugins
- CUETools_2.1.5.zip - Previous stable release
- CUETools_2.1.6.zip - Current stable release (see changelog)
- CUETools_2.1.7.zip - Latest experimental/dev build (for testing; may be unstable)
Just unpack the archive to any folder; no setup required.
CUERipper.exe are the main applications to run.
If you want to run it as a portable application from a USB stick, remove the file called
user_profiles_enabled so that settings will be saved to the same folder instead of your user profile folder. (If you already have non-portable settings you want to use, copy the subfolders named
CUE Tools or
CUERipper from the
%appdata% folder to your portable install.)
The .rar and .zip archives can be unpacked with a free extractor, such as 7-Zip, IZArc, or the command-line tool UnRAR. Or, you can use commercial software, like WinRAR or WinZip. (The commercial software usually has a free trial version that eventually becomes "nagware" but keeps functioning.)
- Github - CUETools source code repository on GitHub